Taking Control Of Pain!

Pain is a pain. I have had chronic shoulder pain that started almost 30 years ago in high school. I have had multiple episodes of neck and back pain…the pain of appendicitis, and the pain of passing gall stones. Each pain taught me something...and now I have amazing control over pain for myself and for my patients.
One of my favorite professors had his chronic heel pain, 17 years chronic, resolve in 30 minutes in one visit to a podiatrist using a technique that is now published in Applied Kinesiology textbooks.
Using this technique, and a couple others, I helped a preacher with chronic disabling shoulder pain completely resolve his problem in a matter of minutes, never to return.
I treated a woman who had chronic shin splints for 20 years…every time she tried to jog/run, the pain stopped her. During her visit, we had her reproduce the pain with movement, and then attempt to reproduce it again after the treatment. She couldn’t. When I saw her the next time, she couldn’t believe it…her pain was gone and she was able to run again without pain.
At a seminar, I examined a person with a “permanent” injury, caused by a fracture, that prevented an exercise called triceps extensions. In front of a live audience, I treated his injury and sent him out to the gym (seminar was at the gym) to do the exercise he COULDN’T do for 10 years…he was able to do it without pain after only 20 minutes of evaluation and treatment.
I have personally had severe back and neck pain that I resolved within 30 minutes…on multiple occasions.
Would YOU like to have that kind of control over pain!?
It starts with a specific question… “What is the ROOT CAUSE of this pain?” And then a second question, “What do I control that can influence that root cause?”
It continues with an understanding of the neurology of pain. Do you know that pain nerves never stop firing?
If a nerve cell is not activated, it dies. Pain nerve endings are called nociceptors, and just like every other nerve, it must fire or die. So they fire…but the reception and perception of pain is “blocked” in the spinal cord and brain stem. With this SYSTEM, we don’t feel pain continuously but the nerve receptors are alive and well when they need to get our foot off a nail!
When skin or tissue injury occurs, the “gating” mechanism opens to the brain and we feel pain and jump off the nail. I have had several experiences where my ligaments were stretched to the point of pain, ie. stepping in a hole on a hike and twisting my ankle…and my pain receptors were so efficient that they signaled to the brain to initiate a muscle reflex that prevented ANY injury. I stepped in the hole…my ankle twisted…and my reflexes fired other muscles to protect the stretch response. No injury…no pain.