One-Night Stands Are Actually NOT So Fabulous When You're A Mom

They were a lot better ten years ago, when I wasn't a mom.

I admit that back in the day, I got quite a thrill out of one-night stands.

There was something hot about meeting someone and hooking up with absolutely no strings attached.

Well, maybe it's because I'm older now, and I'm a mom, or just more sexually experienced.

But these days the idea of a one-night stand completely turns me off.

Grosses me out, even.

Lest you think I'm a prude or a fuddy duddy, allow me to explain why I like to keep my sexual activity within the confines of a relationship of some kind.

I think most of us can say that we've had a one-night stand, or, um, 20. Maybe more. (No, that's not "my number" by the way.)

But let's be completely honest here.

The reason why they were so hot was because of the excitement of it all.

You meet someone at a party or a bar.

You're a little tipsy.

Or a lot.

And before you know it, you're doing the deed, then waking up the next morning sneaking out the door with some level of satisfaction.

Or shame.