Vanessa Williams Reveals She Was Molested By A Woman As A Child

Vanessa Williamshas been entertaining audiences for years and now the former Miss America is opening up about her troubled childhood.

The actress opened up about being molested as a child on OWN’s Master Class on Sunday.

During the interview, she revealed that she was molested by a woman at the age of 10 while on vacation with her family.

Her aggressor was the 18-year-old daughter of a family friend.

“She was one of the cool girls. She made you want to feel like you were a grown-up,” she explained.

Vanessa dished details on the disturbing ordeal and explained how she was instructed to “lie down on the floor. She took my bottoms off and she said, ‘Be quiet.’ She went down on me.”

She also explained that she kept quiet about the molestation because her uncle died right after it happened.

She also blamed the event for prompting her to become promiscuous at an early age.

“It awakens your sexuality at an age where it shouldn’t be awakened. Had that not happened in my life and had I had an opportunity to have a normal courtship with a boyfriend at 16 or whatever… there wouldn’t have been that shame that was always haunting me,” she said.

“It made me more sexually promiscuous and more sexually curious at a younger age than I should have been.”

Culled