How To Overcome Shyness - Steps to Overcoming Shyness

Am not the shy guy but very nervous! I can talk with anyone freely but when mute, I feel awkward and bad about myself. I just feel, I need to be the centre of the conversation. I only remember my ideas when alone, after the conversation. Am nervous, not shy!

I feel awkward when someone random confronts me. I feel like sinking when asked question in a classroom. I cannot look into the eye of a stranger. I try to sit in the back sit and wish to be alone in order to relieve. This is shyness!

Can you picture yourself as a shy guy or girl? Our first tip to overcoming shyness is the just-do-it principle of familiarity.

Speaking from experience, it's not easy to stay in the pressure zone just to get used to it, but surely it works.

In trying to overcome shyness in a classroom, sit in the front sit and answer all questions you know.

Are you shy when meeting strangers, occupy yourself with strangers at least one everyday. The park is a good place.

General shyness overcoming technique: be familiar with the crowd. The movies work. Becoming a football club fan helps to keep us on top of confidence in sharing our views, which in turn makes us the bold individuals we desire to be.

Steps to overcoming shyness

1. Discover the cause and the major situations that makes you shy. Understand your weak zone.

2. Most shy people are nervous because of intense self-consciousness. The next step to overcoming shyness is to turn that into self-awareness. Simply by letting yourself dig the cause of the nerve rather than being conscious of the nerve itself gives you the real map to confidence -- knowing your problem, means solving it.

3. Accept the differences. Imagine a world where everybody is like a person you admire. Am sure you'll find out that the world would become a boring planet. But see, I have conversational skills, you have technical skills; she has presentation skills, I have writing skills; I find myself in an average home, while she's there enjoying her fantasies, another is out there striving to eat.

Among the type of people I mentioned, you guess everyone of them will perceive life differently and obviously, have different behaviours, mode of decisions and ambitions -- a factor that makes the world a better place, just our differences.

Accept yourself the way you are. Don't try to fit yourself like someone else. Shyness keeps you quite. A chance to be more creative, while others don't even have a chance.

4. Practice your uniqueness and love it by making it better and better.

5. Turn your focus to others instead of you and yours.

6. Deep breathing can calm you down a bit. Even though I practically never had any success instantly, it opens some space for me to relax gradually and be familiar so fast. In overcoming shyness, close your eyes while deep breathing.

7. Lastly, use the power of affirmation. Repeat the positive sentence that empowers your personality and boosts self esteem. One side of overcoming shyness is learning to get the positive out of yourself without trying too hard.